Monday, May 31, 2010

A wake up call

I had a bad dreams last night, i was being shot at by a rifle, well... damn bullet broke my shin bone.. lucky it was a dream.....

Well, on to that.. i just wanna shared some of my experience backed in Western Sahara when i was doing my volunteer for Humanitarian Right United Nations. It was my school holidays then, i got about 2 months break from all this hectic environment, so i figure that Africa-Helping people wasn't a bad idea... but it is all until I've reach there.

Western Sahara so isolated from supplies, transport, food and water, even communications from the civil war going on there... our mission is to distribute foods equally and vaccinated most of the villagers there . Well its kindda hard though to distributes since they all fight all the time, so we separate the goods into few units so they split up on distributions... The sun was so darn hot there, we drink mostly 7 liters of water everyday, not to mentions how many time we showered.. It was a cruel land, and i do respect people who lives there...

But i want to thank you Sahara for teaching me a lot of things... A lot of them make scene now for what ive become today, and where i stand on my ground....

When i was back then, the day was so hot and the night was cold.. so we do enjoy our every night there, it was then everything in life makes sense.... ive asked my self, "what happen if its us", "what happen if our country turn to be like this", "Why did i commit to this program"....
see Sahara was a cruel teacher, it remind us backed at school, do not skip class or you'll be punished and when you go to classes you will learned something. So did i...

All my friends was asking me why i did this, am i a action junkie or something, well i just tell them that someone has to do the job, even if its dirty.. but someone got to do it, that's what makes life's balance.... you have to get out from your comfort zone sometimes, to see how others being hurt on the other part of the world, by then you will learned the true meanings of life it self... when you think about pain... know this, there are more people that being hurt in so many ways possible...

Enjoy and cherish every moment of it... Because you never know what comes next...

Remember this: Everything that happen has been planned for us, nothing is a coincidence in life

p/s Thanks to my dad for sending me there... I know u wanna to teach me something.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment